Monday 1 August 2016

ROYAL NAVY LANDING PARTY

I have recently been very inspired by two threads on the LAF. In no particular order Captain Blood’s beautiful painting of his Royal Navy landing party and Matakishi’s ‘Over the Hills and Far Away’. Both have taken me back to my love of the Sharpe and Hornblower novels (and others of that ilk e.g. Patrick O’Brian and Julian Stockwin).

Matakishi’s semaphore tower in particular made me want to game some Royal Navy landings on the French and Spanish coasts. Missions such as rescue a spy or a beautiful kidnapped Duchess, abduct an enemy general or scientist and of course, destroy a semaphore tower or two.




So first off, I've based and primed some Crapauds for the opposition. Some Perry French Dragoons and a beautiful French spy,

Hélène Leroux, La Marquesa de Casares el Grande y Melida Sadaba


from the 'Bureau des Affaires Secrètes’, Napoleon's secret service. She will become the arch-nemesis of Lieutenant Toastrack RN, the hero of my Royal Navy Landing Party project.




The Chosen men from Warlord have arrived and I'm basing those now. I am awaiting the Foundry RN sailors and a big order from Brigade Games.

No comments: